Apr 26 2012
|more articles from|
RAK Airways CEO quits
In a written statement, Jahameh said he exited from the airline with a "heavy heart".
"I wish RAK Airways all the best, but I felt that it's the right time for me to move on and pursue other options," he said.
Jahameh's replacement, John Brayford, has been described by RAK Airways as "an exceptional talent in aviation operations" and will be officially introduced at the forthcoming Arabian Travel Market (ATM) exhibition in Dubai next week.
RAK Airways was initially launched in February 2006, with total capital of AED1.5 billion, of which AED850 million was paid-up capital.
In November 2007, Captain Khalid Almeer became chief operating officer with new routes launched and orders signed for Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
Then global recession later in 2007, resulted in staff redundancies and ultimately, the suspension of scheduled services.
It was relaunched in June 2010 with Jahameh as chief executive.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- UPDATE 1-FBI's search for Jimmy Hoffa's body continues a third day
- Beetles, housefly larvae open new frontier in animal feed sector
- N.Korean leader Kim used luxury yacht to tour coast -website
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- CORRECTED-Kimberly-Clark moves to ease Venezuelan toilet paper shortage
- There's More