Jan 02 2012
|more articles from|
Qtel introduces high speed 'Mi-Fi' device
The 'My-Fi' personal mobile hot spot allows people to create their own Internet access points from anywhere in Qatar. This latest device with a unique service, offers all the same great features of previous models, but with the added advantage of superior network speeds up to 21Mbps running over Qtel's 3G network.
With download speeds up to 21Mbps it is possible to support video, graphic and other high-speed applications across any mobile broadband handset or device. The new 'My-Fi' device from Qtel will also give access to the personal mobile hotspot for any five people at any time, using laptops, SmartPhones, gaming consoles of any other Wi-Fi enabled machine. Additionally, 'My-Fi' has a battery life of up to 5 hours while providing super-fast internet speeds anywhere in Qatar.
Qtel recently announced the launch of a major new Long-Term Evolution (LTE) programme, which will deliver the fastest and largest 4G network in Qatar, to support the national plan to boost the knowledge-based economy.
'My-Fi' devices are available through all Qtel shops and through Qtel eShop www.qtel.qa.
© The Peninsula 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Telecoms & IT
- DubaiSat-2 becomes fully operational
- Omantel mobile broadband penetration reaches 780,000
- Heartbleed Bug is evil, but here's what you can do (don't change all passwords yet)
- Etisalat Group transforms mobile banking service in Nigeria, launches innovative smartphone app
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Day 1 sales in Dubai: It's (almost) a sell-out