Nov 18 2013
|more articles from|
Private channels to telecast programs from KSA
"The new satellite TV platform will provide a suitable atmosphere for improving the standard of media industry in the country," said Riyad bin Kamal Najm, president of the General Authority for Audio and Visual Media.
The new platform, which will be ready by the beginning of 2015, will help channels launch their own satellites. The authority has contracted with a consultancy firm to study the requirements of private television channels.
The company, which won the contract, would be licensed to establish and manage the platform. "It will make necessary efforts to attract channels by offering advanced services and reasonable charges," Najm said.
The new city will bring about qualitative improvement in the Kingdom's media industry, besides encouraging opening of more private channels. A number of specialized companies had expressed their desire to participate in the project. The authority has sent out invitations seeking information for their prequalification, he said, and urged companies interested to provide necessary information quickly.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Media
- Microsoft and Yahoo amend search deal
- Lebanese journalist accused at La Hague of exposing Hariri witnesses
- Dubai launches UAE government's first LinkedIn company page in Arabic
- Google says strongly disagrees with EU Commission's competition probe
- Iraqi PM seeks more security for Reuters bureau in Baghdad