May 09 2012
|more articles from|
North Lebanon sees launch of 60 MW wind farm
09 May 2012
BEIRUT: Energy companies and government officials announced the launch of a new wind farm project to be built in north Lebanon, a company spokesman said in a press release Tuesday.
The wind farm is expected to produce 60 megawatts of energy, enough to power around 60,000 homes, officials at the energy company Hawa Akkar said.
Hawa Akkar launched their project at a news conference at the Four Seasons Hotel along with Energy Ministry and Danish officials, as well as representatives from the Akkar region.
There are several other wind energy projects around the country in various stages of construction that could potentially make people no longer dependent on the country’s decrepit electrical grid.© Copyright The Daily Star 2012.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More