Feb 25 2012
|more articles from|
New long-term buyers in talks for Iranian crude
The National Iranian Oil Company's (NIOC) Managing Director Ahmad Qalebani revealed the negotiations to Shana news agency.
France's Total and the UK's Shell and BP will be banned from forwarding Iranian oil to French or British refiners and will need to sign up to new 2 to 5 year contracts, Qalebani said.
France and Britain were the main architects of the European Union's oil embargo against Iran.
The NIOC has predicted that international spot price for oil will jump to $150 per barrel due to Iran's plan to suspend exports to some European states.
© Tehran Times 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Oil & Gas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- There's More