Jul 22 2012
|more articles from|
New cancer diagnostic units at Tawam Hospital
Sunday, Jul 22, 2012
Al Ain: Tawam Hospital, a leading medical facility in the country, has acquired latest endoscopy technologies for more accurate diagnosis for cancer patients in the country.
Two units of the innovative devices, including confocal laser endomicroscopy and single balloon enteroscopy, have been installed at the hospital. These units are known for safety, feasibility and excellent diagnostic abilities.
The technologies allow three-dimensional reconstructions of complex objects in the human body. Dr Mazen Taha, Gastroenterology Consultant, said physicians at the hospital are now able to get a clearer picture of whether cancer or another disease is present and in return, reduce the number of unnecessary biopsies and false negatives.
In the first quarter of this year, the hospital’s endoscopy team have completed over 1,800 consultations. The team performs up to 20 procedures per day and to cope with such demand, they work six days a week.
Gulf News 2012. All rights reserved.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Healthcare
- Emirati student develops unique vehicle for the disabled
- Save the Children describes healthcare disaster in Syria
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals and AUB collaborate on developing anticancer treatment from medicinal plants
- Adult ADHD may be linked to spike in traffic accidents: psychologists
- 40.8% of UAE national adults have hypertension: Survey