May 26 2012
|more articles from|
New SAR1B Saudi Real Estate Finance Firm Set To Launch -Report
Saturday, May 26, 2012
BEIRUT (Zawya Dow Jones)--Saudi Arabia's Mortgage Finance Co. and Bidaya, a mortgage subsidiary of the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector , or ICD , are set to launch a local real estate finance firm with a capital of 1 billion Saudi riyals ($266.7 million), Saudi-based Al Riyadh daily reports Saturday.
The joint venture will be a cooperation between the public and private sector and aims to facilitate the purchase of residential units for Saudi citizens, the paper reports, citing Khalid Al Mukairin, head of the new company's founding committee.
Khalid Al Aboodi, ICD 's chief executive, said there's a substantial demand for mortgage finance services in Saudi Arabia whose population has tripled in the last two decades and is expected to grow further by 25% by 2020. This population growth will lead to an increase in demand for residential units to more than 150,000 units a year in the next decade, he added.
Newspaper website: http://www.alriyadh.com/2012/05/26/article739170.html
Copyright (c) 2012 Dow Jones & Co.
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Saudi Arabia
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- There's More