Aug 16 2012
|more articles from|
New Partners to Support Global Entrepreneurship Week in Qatar
First held in 2007, Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) aims to promote job creation, innovation and economic advancement through entrepreneurship. In 2011, over 24,000 participating organizations hosted a broad range of more than 30,000 events, activities and competitions, reaching over 7.4 million people worldwide.
Silatech, a Qatar-based social initiative focused on youth employment and entrepreneurship, is the official Host Organization for Qatar, and chairs the GEW Qatar Board.
- SpinnCreative, a local creative boutique agency, has contributed by handling GEW Qatar social media channels in order to generate interest and promote various events and activities to entrepreneurs in Qatar.
- Think Big Qatar, a local production house who contributed in last year's GEW campaign through a number of videos, will officially handle this year's video production efforts.
- Grow, a local communications agency, has contributed by handling all the PR elements for GEW Qatar in its effort to strengthen its media outreach and help in producing the GEW Qatar events program.
- Virginia Commonwealth University, has contributed through assigning its creative design students to create a distinguishing "GEW-Qatar" brand identity.
Global Entrepreneurship Week in Qatar is being organized by 22 organizations including Bedaya Center, Enterprise Qatar, Entrepreneurs' Organization, ICT Qatar, Ministry of Business and Trade, Qatar Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Qatar Development Bank, Qatar Science & Technology Park, Virginia Commonwealth University, Ernest & Young, Qtel Telecommunications Company, Think Big Qatar, Shell, Injaz Qatar, How Women Work, SpinnCreative, Qatar Skills Academy, Roudha Center, Grow, and The Youth Company.
Organizations interested in participating in GEW Qatar can simply submit their information to Silatech via email (email@example.com) with a defined agenda of the events, activities, competitions, or workshops they will be hosting. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Communications and Outreach, Silatech
Silatech is a Qatar-based social initiative that works to create jobs and expand economic opportunities for young people throughout the Arab world. The organization promotes large-scale job creation, entrepreneurship, access to capital and markets, and the participation and engagement of young people in economic and social development. Founded in 2008 by Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, Silatech finds innovative solutions to challenging problems, working with a wide spectrum of development organizations, governments and the private sector to foster sustainable, positive change for Arab youth. www.silatech.com.
© Press Release 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- UPDATE 1-Boston poised to begin condom giveaway in high schools
- Boston poised to begin condom giveaway in high schools
- Beetles, housefly larvae open new frontier in animal feed sector
- N.Korean leader Kim used luxury yacht to tour coast -website
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- There's More