Jun 07 2012
|more articles from|
MARKET TALK: Most Gulf Mkts End Tad Higher; Policy Action Hopes
Thursday, Jun 07, 2012
1018 GMT [Zawya Dow Jones]--Most Persian Gulf stock markets end modestly higher Thursday amid rising hopes that central bankers will take new steps to resolve the euro-zone crisis and boost flagging economies. "The extent to which the risk rally continues in the near term likely depends on the tone of Fed Chairman Bernanke's testimony to the Joint Economic Committee today and whether he provides further guidance on the scope for further monetary easing," analyst at Barclays Capital says. Dubai shares finish +0.5% at 1463.69; Abu Dhabi's market is up 0.2% at 2439.65; Kuwait's benchmark index +0.2% at 6099.26; while Doha slips 0.3% to 8316.05. Volumes mostly light ahead of the weekend. (firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @ZDJnews)
Copyright (c) 2012 Dow Jones & Co.
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More