Apr 30 2012
|more articles from|
Mohammed Bin Rashid views new statistics on hotel industry's performance in 2011
DUBAI: Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has viewed new statistics on the UAE's hotels industry in 2011, on the sidelines of the current Arabian Travel Marketing (ATM) week in Dubai.The figures which were released by released by the National Council for Tourism and Archaeology show that hotel occupancy stood at over 14 million guests and that guestnights rose by 15% over the past few years to 40 million. The occupancy rate went up to 70% taking revenues to AED 22 billion. European guests topped the list of hotel guests followed by Asians, citizens of the GCC member countries while North Americans came in the fourth place. Sheikh Mohammed hailed the achievement made by the governmental and private establishments who seek to promote tourism and attract more foreign investments and tourists. He expressed confidence in the national material and human resources and underscored diversification of the sources of national income through a modern and diversified tourism industry. The UAE, he noted, is now a favorite destination for foreign investors and tourists.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- CORRECTED-Kimberly-Clark moves to ease Venezuelan toilet paper shortage
- CORRECTED-U.S. patent case climaxes with win for Canadian vibrator maker
- UPDATE 1-"Drunk" claims upset Ukraine parliament budget hearing
- Kimberly-Clark moves to ease Venezuelan toilet paper shortage
- There's More