Nov 12 2013
|more articles from|
Mobile Marketing Association and Vserv.mobi Unveil the first Mobile Internet Consumer Report for Middle East
Report reveals Mobile internet users as young, app savvy and seeking deals & downloadable content
Vserv.mobi, award winning mobile advertising exchange, today released The Mobile Internet Consumer- Middle East 2013 report, developed in association with The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA). The report demystifies the evolving Mobile Internet user in the Middle East and provides insight into the mobile internet usage across seven countries namely, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and United Arab Emirates.
The report aims to provide media planners, advertisers and brand custodians with in-depth Mobile Internet audience insights, to enhance their reach to the right target audience across Middle East. According to the Middle East report, the Mobile Internet user is young, app savvy and seeks downloadable content and deals through mobile. Some of the key highlights include:
- 60% of the Mobile Internet users in Middle East are below 24 years and almost 2/3rd of the Mobile Internet users in Middle East are men
- Over half of the Mobile Internet user base in the Middle East is earning class. They frequently eat out, watch movies and go shopping, indicating higher disposable income as well
- Mobile Internet users are economically stronger, with a high penetration of Televisions, Refrigerators, Cars & other products
- Middle East consumers love Mobile Ads that provide downloadable content (58%), followed by those that help them learn about a brand (48%). Mobile Internet users also enjoy getting deals through mobile ads. Brands leveraging this consumption behavior drive higher engagement & recall
- Apps and games (65%) are the most downloaded form of content followed by, videos (51%) and music (44%)
Commenting on the release of the report at the MMA EMEA Forum 2013 in London , Paul Berney, CMO & MD EMEA, MMA, said, "Today it is imperative for advertisers, to understand their consumers' preferences, preempt their needs and target them as efficiently as possible. Equipped with such insights, brands can improve the relevance of their messaging and enrich consumers' brand-experience. We are delighted to partner with Vserv.mobi to provide brands and marketers with such pertinent insights via the Mobile Internet Consumer 2013 report. We are positive this will help brands optimize their mobile media spends."
Narayan Murthy Ivaturi, General Manager, Global Sales & Strategy, Vserv.mobi, said, "As pioneers in mobile marketing, Vserv.mobi is dedicated to developing the industry and evangelizing it as an effective marketing tool. Our collaborative research with MMA, the apex body of mobile marketing in the world, is testimony to these efforts. This Mobile Internet Consumer report is a ready reckoner and will provide succinct data to reveal rich insights. This will enable marketers to know, understand and target their audience more fittingly by formulating tighter mobile strategies."
The Mobile Internet Consumer report produced by MMA and Vserv.mobi is based on a primary survey of over 2500 mobile web and app users. The two-week long survey was conducted in - October 2013. The Mobile Internet Consumer report is available for India, China, Southeast Asia, Middle East, Africa, Latin America, North America and Europe. A copy of the full report, can be downloaded at http://vserv.mobi/insights
About Mobile Marketing Association
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association representing all players in the mobile marketing value chain. With more than 700 member companies, the MMA is an action-oriented organization with global focus, regional actions and local relevance. The MMA's primary focus is to establish mobile as an indispensable part of the marketing mix. The MMA works to promote, educate, measure, guide and protect the mobile marketing industry worldwide. The MMA's global headquarters are located in the United States and it has regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Latin America (LATAM), and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches. For more information, please visit http://www.mmaglobal.com.
Vserv.mobi is an Award Winning Mobile Advertising Exchange focused on Emerging Markets that maximises value of mobile media for advertisers, developers, publishers and telecom operators. Powered by award winning AudiencePro™ and AppWrapper™ platforms, Vserv.mobi has delivered mobile advertising experiences for leading Fortune 500 brands & digital media companies, across 200 countries. AudiencePro's audience targeting capabilities and AppWrapper's "One Click" SDK integration for App Developers continue to empower the mobile ecosystem. The company has a global presence, with offices across USA, UK, South Africa, India, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Vietnam. Funded by IDG ventures, Vserv.mobi was founded in January 2010.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
Rebecca Carnie / Pippa Ellis
© Press Release 2013
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- For first time, scientists grow two-week-old human embryos in lab
- Facebook pays $10,000 to 10-year-old Instagram hacker
- UPDATE 2-Solar-powered plane lands in Arizona on round-the-world flight
- UPDATE 1-Solar-powered plane departs California on round-the-world flight
- UPDATE 2-Obama torches Trump at his final Washington correspondents' dinner
- There's More