Jul 12 2009
|more articles from|
Missan refinery under test operation
"Engineers from the
South Refineries Company
have managed to perform a test operation on the refinery," the director of Missan's oil refinery project, Engineer Salman Hadar, told Aswat al-Iraq news agency.
The production capacity of the province's oilfields is ranging between 100,000 and 110,000 bpd. The city's geographical location boasts six producing oilfields: al-Bazrakan, Abu Gharb, al-Fakka, al-Halfaya and al-Amara, in addition to the Majnoon field, shared with the South Oil Company.
The city also has five explored non-producing fields: al-Huwayza, al-Rafie, Rafidain al-Sharqi, al-Dujaila and Kemit.
Amara, the capital city of Missan province, lies 390 km south of Baghdad.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Oil & Gas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- There's More