Jul 19 2012
|more articles from|
MARKET TALK: Mena Inflation Eases As Commodity Prices Drop -CE
Thursday, Jul 19, 2012
1052 GMT [Zawya Dow Jones]--A drop in global commodities' prices has helped lower food prices in the Middle East and North Africa region, thus easing inflation pressures in the region, according to London-based Capital Economics. Says weak domestic demand in the resource-poor countries means that core price pressures are easing too. "Even in the oil-rich Gulf States, with the exception of Saudi Arabia, fears of overheating are fading," it says. Adds this should encourage governments to maintain the pace of fiscal stimulus in most of the Gulf countries.
(firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @ZDJnews)
Copyright (c) 2012 Dow Jones & Co.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More