Aug 29 2011
|more articles from|
Malaysia expands UAE links in bid to forge GCC free trade deal
Monday, Aug 29, 2011
Dubai: Malaysia is looking to expand trade and business links with the UAE in the fields of education, electronics and energy, Sato Jabar, Malaysia’s ambassador to the UAE, told Gulf News.
Jabar also sought to highlight Malaysia’s attractiveness as a tourist destination to GCC nationals, and said the country is keen to increase visitor numbers from the Gulf.
“The UAE has managed to be at the forefront of Middle East growth and development because of its continuous efforts to maintain strong business and trade relations with key emerging economies,” Jabar said.
Gearing up to be the investment destination for South East Asia, Malaysia has started to offer a wide spectrum of investment opportunities, Jabar said.
By Shehab Al Makahleh, Staff Reporter
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More