Nov 23 2011
|more articles from|
Majlis to review Iran-EU relations: Larijani
TEHRAN - Iranian Majlis speaker Ali Larijani says the Islamic Republic will definitely revise its relations with the European Union in response to the EU's unprofessional and politically motivated approach toward Iran's nuclear program. Larijani made the remarks after an open session of the Majlis on Tuesday in reference to the recent resolution issued by the EU against the Islamic Republic of Iran.
"The European Union should not suppose that its measure will remain without response," he said, adding, "Attitudes of Britain and the United states (toward Iran) stem from a kind of backwardness.
"Nothing new had happened in Iran's nuclear program which could lead the EU to approve such a resolution."
Therefore, one should seek a true reason lying behind the move, he said.
"The main reason for issuing the resolution is regional developments. Dictators who were subservient to the West collapsed one by one, thus Britain and the U.S. resorted to a 'political willfulness.'"
He also said that the EU'S recent move to some extent relates to its efforts to sway the International Atomic Energy Agency and the United Nations Security Council, which were not that successful.
But the IAEA did not issue a forceful resolution, he added.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More