Feb 27 2014
|more articles from|
MAG Group looking at AED10bn investment into Dubai after Expo 2020 win
Moafaq Al Gaddah, the chairman, said: "Dubai has always been an attractive investment proposition for local, regional and international investors. Now that the city has won the right to host Expo 2020 it has galvanised investment sentiment and I am sure that we are not the only company feeling the current wave of overwhelming business optimism."
MAG Group already has Dhs5 billion of projects in the pipeline, including a Dhs2 billion multi-phase project in the Meydan district, comprising 106 townhouses and a residential community spread across 29 five-storey apartment buildings. Other projects include a Dhs750 million residential project in Sharjah and the Dhs865 million City of Arabia project.
The firm did not give specifics on how the other Dhs10 billion would be spent, however Al Gaddah said: "We are studying to buy land for additional projects in Dubailand, Jebel Ali and Abu Dhabi, which could be worth up to Dhs10 billion. They will be announced in the coming months."
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in UAE
- Man, woman stoned to death for adultery in Syria-monitor
- Michael Jackson tops Forbes list of highest-earning dead celebrities
- French bank, Twitter team up for money transfers via tweets
- Apps re-invent smartphone keyboards to reduce typing frustration
- UK PM Cameron to apologise to queen over 'purring' comment - Sky
- There's More