Jun 28 2012
|more articles from|
KZHF continues distributing food parcels for Abyan's displaced people
Aden, June 26th, 2012 (WAM) -- In pursuance of the directives of President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan's AED 500 million food aid for Yemeni people, the Khalifa bin Zayed Humanitarian Foundation (KZHF) distributed yesterday 1200 food parcels among displaced people from the Yemeni province of Abyan.The affectees expressed gratitude to President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan for the generous support which is a continuation of the humanitarian approach led by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al-Nahyan. They expressed best wishes of good health for Sheikh Khalifa and more prosperity and progress for the people of the UAE. The President had assigned KZHF to purchase these supplies from the local markets in Yemen in order to activate the Yemeni economy and revive its domestic market. Sheikh Khalifa has also given directives to distribute the food supplies directly among the Yemenis by setting up outlets in the different regions to ensure they arrive the largest number of people.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- N.Korean leader Kim used luxury yacht to tour coast -website
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- CORRECTED-Kimberly-Clark moves to ease Venezuelan toilet paper shortage
- CORRECTED-U.S. patent case climaxes with win for Canadian vibrator maker
- UPDATE 1-"Drunk" claims upset Ukraine parliament budget hearing
- There's More