Dec 28 2012
|more articles from|
KFU gets patent from USPTO
The Palms Research Center of King Faisal University has obtained a patent from the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for having produced bread yeast from dates. According to local media, the Palms Research Center has submitted another four applications to get patents from the USPTO.
Director of the center Salah bin Mohamed Eid said the Kingdom had abundant quantities of dates for production of bread yeast. Production and localization of bread yeast from dates will add momentum to the dates sector in the Kingdom and yield enormous economic advantages for dates producers, he was quoted as saying.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Education
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- There's More