Jun 12 2012
|more articles from|
JNRC denies giving license for construction of nuclear research plant
The commission said it is keen to ensure necessary safety regulations at the project, expected to be established on JUST campus for scientific research in medical, agricultural and health services.
A JNRC official source said the commission, in its capacity as a monitoring body that offers licenses to nuclear facilities, is currently examining documents on the initial safety report presented by JAEC to obtain permission for constructing the nuclear plant.
"The JNRC is working with the Korean Atomic Energy Research Institute to examine studies presented by JAEC as the research nuclear plant is designed for the first time in the Republic of Korea and has not been licensed there before, the sources added.
The JAEC said in a statement yesterday that it had received permission to construct a nuclear research plant on JUST campus.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More