Mar 03 2012
|more articles from|
Planning ministry reveals measures to increase production of gas
Deputy Minister Mahdi al-Allak said the ministries of planning and oil will develop the production of dry gas through increasing the production of Okaz and Mansuriya fields and reducing amounts of burned gas.
"The plan focuses on reducing the amount of burned gas to 150m qm/d instead of 700m qm/d with the preservation of the environment from pollution and processing the environmental problems resulting from the activity of the oil and gas."
The Oil Ministry signed on November 27 a final contract with Shell and Mitsubishi Gas for the establishment of Basra Gas company. On June 12 the Iraqi Council of Ministers signed a contract with Shell and Mitsubishi to collect the gas from southern oil fields.
The produced gas is intended to be used in the local market to meet the growing demand for electricity, and there is high possibility that any surplus will be exported.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Oil & Gas
- Beetles, housefly larvae open new frontier in animal feed sector
- N.Korean leader Kim used luxury yacht to tour coast -website
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- CORRECTED-Kimberly-Clark moves to ease Venezuelan toilet paper shortage
- CORRECTED-U.S. patent case climaxes with win for Canadian vibrator maker
- There's More