Jul 18 2012
|more articles from|
Iraq to deploy drones to protect oil pipelines and depots
The spokesperson of Iraq's Oil Ministry announced that the country protects oil pipelines, companies and depots by using drones.
Asim Jihad said: "We work with the Ministry of Interior to renew a monitor system of the oil foundation in the country."
Jihad added that they talked with foreign companies, such as Chinese and US outfits, that produce these drones. The drones are really advanced technology for guarding oil pipelines and platforms, he added.
A source from the US embassy in Baghdad said Iraqi naval forces bought drones to protect oil pipelines and platforms in the south of the country, reported Saudi paper al-Sharq.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Iraq
- 5m liters of diesel sold daily to Iraq
- Sadr freezes function of 2 MPs from his Trend
- Resumption of Kirkuk - Ceyhan oil line supplies after being vandalized
- Iraq resumes crude oil exports from northern Kirkuk - shippers
- Forbes Middle East presents Top 500 Companies in the Arab World and Top 100 Making an Impact