May 09 2012
|more articles from|
Iran's monthly crude steel output exceeds 1.3 million tons
Steel products output stood at 1.5 million tons in the aforementioned period, up 14 percent year on year, the IRNA News Agency reported.
The Industry, Mine and Trade Ministry has issued permission for producing up to 90 million tons of steel products this year, the deputy minister said.
Jafari said on April 9 that crude steel output is projected to reach 55 million tons by 2025.
Iran will become one of the world's main steel exporters by March 2016, Industry, Mine and Trade Minister Mehdi Ghazanfari said in May 2011.
© Tehran Times 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Iran
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- Powerball jackpot grows to a record $600 million
- There's More