Jun 26 2012
|more articles from|
Iran to start LNG exports in 2013
He told the ISNA News Agency that LNG exports will amount to 10 million tons per year.
Iran will start early production of LNG at the Iran LNG Plant in southern Assalouyeh region within the next two years in a bid to give a boost to its LNG output and exports, managing director of Iran LNG Company, Ali Kheirandish said in January.
Some $1.5 billion has been allocated to the project, he told the Mehr News Agency, adding that the project is aimed to produce 10.8 million tons of LNG per year. Exporting the product will earn the country up to $20 million per day.
In October 2011, Kheirandish told the Pana News Agency that Iran plans to export 30 percent of its LNG output to Europe.
China and India will be the two major markets for Iranian LNG in the long run, he added.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Oil & Gas
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More