Dec 05 2011
|more articles from|
Iran shoots down U.S. spy drone: reports
TEHRAN - Iranian armed forces on Sunday downed an unmanned U.S. spy drone along Iran's eastern border, Iran's media reported.
The wreckage of the Lockheed-Martin RQ-170 Sentinel stealth drone was largely intact after it was downed, the Fars news agency said.
"Iran's army has downed an intruding RQ-170 American drone in eastern Iran," Arabic-language al-Alam TV said, quoting an anonymous source.
"The spy drone, which has been downed with little damage, was seized by the armed forces," the news network added.
The cyber warfare unit managed to take over controls of the drone and bring it down, a military official said, according to the TV.
An unnamed military official also told the Fars that Iran's response "will not be limited to the country's borders."
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- There's More