Aug 08 2012
|more articles from|
Iran plans to slash unemployment rate to 7% by 2015
Mohammad-Hossein Forouzan-Mehr added that according to the plans, the unemployment rate will fall by one percent each year during 2013-2015, to reach percent percent, the Mehr News Agency reported.
The unemployment rate will be lowered by two percent this year, which ends on March 20, 2013, he added.
The Mehr News Agency quoted Davoud Qaderi as saying that although the package was designed to create 2.5 million jobs, only 1.1 million of the jobs would be new.
Some 400,000 people were employed in Iran last year, which ended on March 19. The government announced over 1.6 million job opportunities were created last year, the Mehr News Agency reported on June 12.
© Tehran Times 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Iran
- N.Korean leader Kim used luxury yacht to tour coast -website
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- CORRECTED-Kimberly-Clark moves to ease Venezuelan toilet paper shortage
- CORRECTED-U.S. patent case climaxes with win for Canadian vibrator maker
- UPDATE 1-"Drunk" claims upset Ukraine parliament budget hearing
- There's More