Mar 05 2012
|more articles from|
Iran inflation will be below 21% till year end: official
Abolfazl Akrami told Fars news agency that the inflation rate is currently declining.
The Subsidy Reform Plan has reduced Iran's unemployment rate and helped maintain its economic growth this year despite speculation by some analysts of a surge in inflation, finance and economic affairs minister said on February 17.
Iran's economic growth rate stood at 5.5 percent in the previous calendar year, the deputy economy minister said in December, 2011.
The plan, launched in December 2010, allows the Iranian government to gradually slash subsidies on fuel, electricity, and certain goods over the course of five years, with low-income families being compensated with direct handouts.
© Tehran Times 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More