May 08 2012
|more articles from|
Iran, Egypt can play important roles in Muslim world: Salehi
Describing Iran and Egypt as two of the most important early civilizations, Salehi said there have been deep political, economic and cultural ties between the two countries and these relations were strengthened after the emergence of Islam.
"Unfortunately, the Iranian and Egyptian nations have been apart over the past 30 years and we hope this 30-year gap would be compensated for through the expansion of ties," IRNA quoted Salehi as saying on Monday.
The first Egyptian election is set to take place on May 23 and 24 amid public protests against the Supreme Council of Armed Forces (SCAF) that took power in the aftermath of the February 2011 revolution that toppled former Egyptian dictator Hosni Mubarak's regime.
© Trend News Agency 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More