Jan 16 2013
|more articles from|
Industry leaders to participate at the 6th World Future Energy Summit
Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Masdar, host of the World Future Energy Summit and the International Water Summit said: "As we work towards a sustainable future, Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week and its participating events is the UAE's effort to take a holistic approach to the global challenges of economic development as well as energy and water security," said Dr Al Jaber.
"The global strength and importance of the World Future Energy Summit as a platform for discussion, investment and innovation in the renewable energy sector is demonstrated by the high-level participation of leaders from the public and private sector," said Dr Al Jaber.
Other Ministerial Panels will discuss 'Sustainable Development,' 'Renewable Energy Policy Revolution in Economically Challenging Times' and the 'Water-Energy Nexus'. Participants of these Ministerial Panels will include, among others:
• Mr. Liu Qi, Vice Minister and Deputy Administrator of the National Energy Administration, China
• Mr. Fouad Douiri, Minister for Energy, Mines, Water and Environment, the Kingdom of Morocco
• Mr. Richard Marles MP, Parliamentary Secretary for Foreign Affairs, Australia
• Mr. Manuel Gerardo Pedro Pulgar-Vidal Otárola, Minister of Environment, Peru
• HE Dr. Mohammed Bin Saleh Al Sada, Minister of Energy and Industry, Qatar
• HE Dr. Khaled Al Sulaiman, Vice-President for Renewable Energy at the King Abdullah City of Atomic and Renewable Energy, Saudi Arabia
• Mr. Suleiman Jasir Al-Herbish, Director-General and Chief Executive Officer of the Vienna-based OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)
• Ms. Irina Bokova, Director-General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
• Dr. Naoko Ishii, CEO and Chairperson, Global Environment Facility (GEF)
• Mr. Michel Jarraud, Chair, UN Water
Keynote speeches of the Ministerial Panels include H.E. Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi, UAE Minister of Foreign Trade; Wu Hongbo, Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations; Todd Stern, USA's Special Envoy for Climate Change; Connie Hedegaard, EU Commissioner Climate Action in the European Commission; and Jeffrey Sachs, Director of The Earth Institute at Columbia University and Special Advisor to the United Nations Secretary‐General on the Millennium Development Goals.
The sixth World Future Energy Summit, from 15 - 17 January 2013, hosted by Masdar, Abu Dhabi's renewable energy company, is the centerpiece of Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week and will be co-located with the inaugural International Water Summit, also hosted by Masdar.
The World Future Energy Summit 2013 will also be the host venue for the prestigious biennial International Renewable Energy Conference. The Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week will open with the third session of the Assembly of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA).
World Future Energy Summit (WFES)
The annual World Future Energy Summit in Abu Dhabi is the world's foremost gathering dedicated to promoting sustainable technologies. Celebrating its sixth year in 2013, it is the leading international event for government and industry decision makers committed to finding viable, sustainable solutions to the world's growing energy challenges.
The summit is an unparalleled forum for political, business and intellectual debate, and for networking and transactions between manufacturers, suppliers and customers in both the public and private sector. It comprises a world-class conference, a large-scale exhibition, and an annual celebration of the winners of Abu Dhabi's Zayed Future Energy Prize, which recognizes global achievement in the fields of renewable energy and sustainable development.
Hosted by Masdar, Abu Dhabi's multi-faceted renewable energy company, the World Future Energy Summit also features the Project and Finance Village, the Young Future Energy Leaders programme, round table discussions, and various corporate events and social engagements.
To be held under the patronage of H.H General Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, the World Future Energy Summit 2013 runs from January 15-17 at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.
Masdar is Abu Dhabi's renewable energy company advancing the development, commercialisation and deployment of clean energy technologies and solutions. The company serves as a link between today's fossil fuel economy and the energy economy of the future. Backed by the Mubadala Development Company, the strategic investment company of the government of Abu Dhabi, Masdar is dedicated to the Emirate's long-term vision for the future of energy.
For more information, contact:
Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
© Press Release 2013
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- There's More