Dec 10 2009
|more articles from|
Industrialists elect representatives on Saturday
A total of 1,166 industrialists, among them 889 in Amman, 147 in Zarqa and 130 in Irbid, will elect nine board members for each chamber in the three cities as well as representatives of 10 industrial sectors, who will be members of JCI board of directors, according to the Ministry of Industry and Trade .
For Amman Chamber of Industry ( ACI ), voters will be electing nine candidates from 33 contenders grouped in two blocs: Former JCI and ACI president Hatem Halawani heading the Watan Bloc and Yousef Jabri heading the Reform Bloc.
According to the Industry and Trade Ministry regulations, elections will be postponed in case of lack of quorum in the chambers' general assemblies which should be 50 per cent plus one.
Barmawi said the initial results of Saturday elections will be announced late at night.
The 10 industrial sectors are the industries of textiles, food and agriculture, plastic, mining, pharmaceutical and medical supplies, chemicals and cosmetics, electronics and engineering, furniture, construction and stationery.
By Omar Obeidat
© Jordan Times 2009
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- Beetles, housefly larvae open new frontier in animal feed sector
- N.Korean leader Kim used luxury yacht to tour coast -website
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- CORRECTED-Kimberly-Clark moves to ease Venezuelan toilet paper shortage
- CORRECTED-U.S. patent case climaxes with win for Canadian vibrator maker
- There's More