Feb 05 2013
|more articles from|
IndiGo launches new flights from Dubai to two Indian cities
Tuesday, Feb 05, 2013
Indian budget carrier, IndiGo, will launch new daily and non-stop flights from Dubai to Trivandrum and its second non-stop daily from Dubai to Mumbai, starting March 1, 2013, the airline said in a statement.
Calling Dubai a key market for IndiGo, the airline’s President, Aditya Ghosh, said the expansion on these routes is in line with the airline’s growth strategy for the Middle East region.
“There are strong trade and tourism ties between Dubai and India and travellers have requirements of low fares by an Indian airline,” Ghosh said in a statement.
IndiGo is further expected to go up to 16 daily and direct flights between Dubai and India.
IndiGo has become the first Indian carrier airline to have received the Sharklet-equipped Airbus A320 aircraft, the carrier said in a recent statement.
It added that all future A320s to be delivered to IndiGo will be fitted with the Sharklet wing tip devices.
Sharklets are newly designed wing-tip devices that improve the aircraft’s aerodynamics and significantly cut the airline’s fuel burn and emissions by four per cent on longer sectors.
Gulf News 2013. All rights reserved.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- Golf-Westwood surges clear in Malaysia as Larrazabal dives for cover
- Filipinos nailed to cross in Easter ritual frowned on by church
- UPDATE 1-Fly me to Sochi, demands Cathay passenger armed with chocolate bar, court hears
- Fly me to Winter Olympics, demands Cathay passenger armed with Toblerone
- Toronto Mayor Ford opens re-election bid with 'cut the gravy' vow
- There's More