Feb 17 2012
|more articles from|
Impossible to eliminate Iran from global energy market: FM spokesman
Mehmanparast made the remarks late Thursday at a meeting with the academics of Bushehr province in Bushehr city.
'Hence, we see it is impossible to eliminate Iran from the world's energy market,' he added.
The senior diplomat noted that those countries that have acceptable economic growth need fossil energy for their development programs during next 30 to 40 years.
He pointed out that China, India, Japan, South Korea, Russia, and some European Union countries will replace the United States of America as new emerging economic powers.
He said that the US pursues the strategy of causing skirmishes between Iran and other regional countries in order to influence the Islamic Awakening throughout the world, particularly in the Middle East and North Africa.
'They (the Western countries) want to create a rift in the global Islamic Awakening movement by creating differences between Iran and Arab countries of the region under the pretext of Sunni-Shia differences,' Mehmanparast said.
© IRNA 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Oil & Gas
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- There's More