Mar 04 2014
|more articles from|
Import and export of agricultural products with Syria still active as in the past, official says
Tarawneh told Petra that all the Kingdom's borders with Syria are open and operational with regard to imports and exports.
He revealed that during the last month, Jordan had exported about 25,000 tons of various agricultural products and imported 113,000 tonnes of these products from both Syria and Lebanon.
He stated tomatoes had topped the list of exported goods, accounting for 60 percent of the total exports.
He explained that the Kingdom had imported, across the Jaber border, 375 tonnes of apples from Turkey, noting that sustaining the exports and imports from Syria had contributed to decreases in the price of goods to suit the purchasing power of citizens as well as improve the conditions of farmers.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Agriculture
- Paris time lords extend Greek deadline - by a second
- Death threats for Saudi satire star who fights Islamic State with laughs
- Rugby-Malaysia, Algeria match abandoned after all-in brawl
- Scientists solve mystery of milky rain in U.S. Pacific Northwest
- British model Kate Moss escorted off plane for being disruptive - BBC
- There's More