Mar 04 2014
|more articles from|
Import and export of agricultural products with Syria still active as in the past, official says
Tarawneh told Petra that all the Kingdom's borders with Syria are open and operational with regard to imports and exports.
He revealed that during the last month, Jordan had exported about 25,000 tons of various agricultural products and imported 113,000 tonnes of these products from both Syria and Lebanon.
He stated tomatoes had topped the list of exported goods, accounting for 60 percent of the total exports.
He explained that the Kingdom had imported, across the Jaber border, 375 tonnes of apples from Turkey, noting that sustaining the exports and imports from Syria had contributed to decreases in the price of goods to suit the purchasing power of citizens as well as improve the conditions of farmers.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Agriculture
- EU wheat at new low as Egypt rule reversal fails to lift mood
- Egypt:Bank to inject $127.7m in desert reclamation project
- Indian sugar mills shut early as drought trims cane supply
- Qatar:15 agricultural projects get financing approval
- UAE's Adeptio to buy USD1.7bn majority stake in Kuwait's Americana
- Germans make refugees feel at home with buddy schemes, cooking and sport
- India's Tata Motors to rename hatchback that sounds like Zika
- Anger grows in Italy over covering nudes for Iran's Rouhani
- Cologne explosives suspect says he only wanted to make drugs
- FEATURE-Watch out frontrunners, over 1,500 candidates vying for White House
- There's More