Mar 13 2012
|more articles from|
Hafiz beneficiaries can't refuse jobs
"The Hafiz program does not differentiate between unemployed men and women. All eligible Saudis will benefit from the program's subsidies," he said, warning that any beneficiary will be cut off from the program if he or she refuses to take up jobs offered to him or her.
Under arrangements with the ministries of Labor and Finance, the fund pays the monthly assistance to unemployed Saudis. Payments started late November.
"During the past three months the fund paid close to SR4 billion to the unemployed within the Hafiz program," he said.
Al-Miakil said about 1.5 million Saudi women applied for jobs through Hafiz program against half a million men.
© Arab News 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- Powerball jackpot grows to a record $600 million
- There's More