Dec 02 2013
|more articles from|
Galfar unaffected by legal case: Chairman
Flanked by senior company colleagues, Shaikh Salem decried attempts in the media to "smear" the reputation of Galfar in the wake of the corruption allegations. The legal case, he stressed, involve bribery charges filed against two individuals of Galfar and not the company per se. Consequently, the "negative campaign" conducted against the company via blogs, social networks and even some newspapers, was unwarranted, he stated. It is our view that what has been printed in local newspapers and the social media is not a reflection of facts about the company. We therefore call upon each of you, given the freedoms granted to you as mediapersons, to report on this issue with responsibility and accuracy, the Chairman stated.
At the briefing, Shaikh Salem declined to be drawn on specifics about the corruption case. "We are not here to discuss the case, but to talk about the company, its reputation, and the important work it continues to undertake in the interest of the nation and society. The case is now in court, and we have confidence in the courts and the judicial system of Oman."
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Oman
- Oman's Salalah port facing challenges in transshipment operations
- Omantel is investigating cause of mobile/internet service disruption
- Swedish Thethys oil suspends Block 4 exploration in Oman for further study
- Egypt welcomes Saudi call to mend ties with Qatar
- Majis signs cooling supply agreements with Orpic at Sohar Industrial Port