Aug 27 2012
|more articles from|
Centre for Cultural Understanding wins award
Monday, Aug 27, 2012
Dubai: The Shaikh Mohammad Centre for Cultural Understanding (SMCCU) has been named the winner of a Bronze Stevie Award in the Non-Profit Organisation category at the ninth annual International Business Awards (IBA).
The SMCCU was established in 1998 with a mission to remove barriers between people of different nationalities and raise awareness of the local culture, customs and religion of the UAE.
The 2012 IBAs received entries — public and private, for-profit and non-profit, from more than 50 nations and territories. The awards will be presented at a gala award banquet in Seoul, South Korea on October 15, 2012.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- There's More