May 07 2012
|more articles from|
Fund to incubate app, game developers
"One of the major challenges facing app development as well as the mobile and online gaming industry is the lack of funding to support entrepreneurs in the field. The fund we will launch will help address this issue," JGTF Chairman Nour Khrais told The Jordan Times in a recent interview.
The Apps Fund, as it will be called, will give entrepreneurs an opportunity to use tools and equipment to develop apps and games, demand for which is on the rise in the Middle East as the number of people connected to the Internet in the region is growing at a "fast pace".
"Those incubated by the fund will be committed to train other entrepreneurs in the sector," he said.
"Government support is needed to boost the sector," Khrais said.
"The apps and gaming industry is one of the largest industries in the world and there should be genuine strategies to boost the sector, especially since Jordanian companies are leading in developing games in the region," he said.
The value of investment in the sector worldwide stands at around $80 billion.
© Jordan Times 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- There's More