May 02 2012
|more articles from|
Foreign direct investment hits $60b
Wednesday, May 02, 2012
Dubai: Foreign direct investment in the UAE clocked in at $60 billion (Dh220 billion) over the past five years, while investments made by the country abroad amount to $327 billion, Shaikha Lubna Al Qasimi, Minister of Foreign Trade, said yesterday.
In her keynote speech at the Annual Investment Meeting 2012, Shaikha Lubna also said the UAE is the second most attractive Arab country for foreign direct investment (FDI), according to a report by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (Unctad).
“FDI is a driving force in the globalisation process, which has become a key factor in the modern world economy,” Shaikha Lubna said.
By Zaher Bitar, Staff Reporter
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- Beetles, housefly larvae open new frontier in animal feed sector
- N.Korean leader Kim used luxury yacht to tour coast -website
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- CORRECTED-Kimberly-Clark moves to ease Venezuelan toilet paper shortage
- CORRECTED-U.S. patent case climaxes with win for Canadian vibrator maker
- There's More