Mar 06 2012
|more articles from|
For the Second Year in a Row Tharwa Funds Wins Reuters' Lipper Fund Awards as the Best-Performing Funds in Kuwait
Kuwait, 6 March 2012 - Tharwa Investment Co. has announced that two of its investment funds, Tharwa Investment Fund and Tharwa Islamic Fund, have won a Thomson Reuters ' 2012 Lipper Fund Award each as the best-performing funds in Kuwait over the past three years.
Part of the broader Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence program, the Lipper Fund Awards program honors funds, asset management firms and research analysts that have excelled in delivering consistently strong risk-adjusted performance, relative to peers. Recognizing investment funds with high average scores, the annual Lipper Fund Awards program takes place in 30 countries around the world.
Announcing the news, Abdullatif Al-Muzaini, Tharwa Investment Company 's Assistant Vice President for Local & Arab investments, said: "Winning these two awards for the second year in a row does emphasize the success of our business model that is based on accurate technical evaluation and analysis of the market fundamentals as well as our ability to effectively and efficiently manage investment portfolios.
Al-Muzaini pointed out that Tharwa Investment Fund and Tharwa Islamic Fund are flexible investment vehicles that offer a weekly exit for investors with a minimum investment limit of 1,000 units; which makes both of them a fine investment opportunity.
Lipper Fund Awards are part of the broader Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence program, celebrating and honouring exceptional performance in the global investment community which covers 23 regions and countries around the world.
1.In calculating the awards, Lipper considered all those funds registered for sale in the Gulf, classifying both offshore and domestic funds together. Awards were given to funds with a 3, 5 and 10 year history as at the end of the evaluation year in equity, bond and mixed-asset Lipper Global Classifications with at least five distinct portfolios. Both group and fund awards were calculated using Lipper's Consistent Return score.
2. Lipper, a Thomson Reuters company, provides independent insight on global collective investments including mutual funds, retirement funds, hedge funds, fund fees and expenses to the asset management and media communities. Lipper is the world's leading fund research and analysis organization, covering over 204,532 share classes and over 113,260 funds in 60 fields. It also provides the free Lipper Leader ratings for mutual funds registered for sale in over 30 countries.
3. Lipper Fund Awards designations do not constitute and are not intended to constitute investment advice or an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security of any entity in any jurisdiction. As a result, investors should not make an investment decision on the basis of this information. Lipper Fund Awards designations are for informational purposes only. Lipper is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information obtained from Lipper. In addition, Lipper will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from information obtained from Lipper or any of its affiliates. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance and investors should remember that past performance is not a guarantee of future results.
Tharwa Investment Co. is a company specializing in the field of asset management and investment services. Tharwa Investment Co. was founded in 2006 with a paid-up capital of KWD 15 million. The company was established by the synergic efforts of a team of specialized entrepreneurs and highly experienced professionals in the investment industry. Tharwa seeks and hopes to reach a leading position in the investment sector through focusing on asset management services and offering innovative investment products that live up to its clients' aspirations as well as meet their respective goals and purposes.
For more information:
Tharwa Investment Co.
Tel: +965 22243000
Fax: +965 22243099
Mobile: +965 99680222
© Press Release 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More