May 05 2012
|more articles from|
Emirati women is a significant factor in the UAE's development, says Al Shamsi
DUBAI: Minister of State and Chairwoman of the Marriage Fund Dr. Maitha Al Shamsi said emirati women have become a significant factor in the process of growth and development thanks to the support extended by President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan and the efforts of H.H Sheikha Fatima Bint Mubarak, Chairwoman of the General Women's Union, Supreme Chairwoman of the Family Development Foundation and Chairwoman of Supreme Council for Motherhood and Childhood."Women now account for 66% of the government's workforce. 30% of those are in senior positions related to decision-making, 15% in technical jobs (medicine, nursing, pharmacies) and the remaining 15% are in the Armed Forces, customs and the police force," Al-Shamsi. Al- Shamsi made her remarks at a forum organized by the Federal Human Resource Authority in Dubai. She noted that around 12000 businesswomen run 11000 investment projects worth AED 12.5 billion. She also noted that women account for 37.5% of the workforce at banks.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- There's More