Aug 12 2012
|more articles from|
Emirates starts direct flights between Dubai and Erbil
Sunday, Aug 12, 2012
Dubai: Emirates said on Sunday it has commenced its new non-stop service between Dubai and Erbil city in Iraq. The new route is the airline’s 11th destination launched this year, and its third gateway in Iraq, after Baghdad and Basra. Emirates said in a statement that it will initially operate the service between Dubai and Erbil four times a week, increasing to a daily service from September 1, 2012.
“The launch of Erbil marks Emirates’ 16th destination in the Middle East. Erbil will provide our passengers with an excellent opportunity to travel seamlessly both in and out of Erbil to our worldwide network of 126 destinations in 74 countries,” Adel Al Redha, Emirates Executive Vice President, Engineering & Operations, said in a statement.
He further said that Iraq would continue to see an upward trend in economic growth and that Emirates was “firmly committed to helping the country prosper and flourish”.
Meanwhile, Emirates SkyCargo, the freight division of Emirates, has been operating a freighter out of Erbil since February 2011.
Gulf News 2012. All rights reserved.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More