Jul 09 2012
|more articles from|
Emirates Inaugurates First Non-Stop Service to Lisbon
Monday, Jul 09, 2012
Emirates on Monday starting its first daily non-stop service to Lisbon.This comes just six days after launching flights to Barcelona in neighbouring Spain.
“Emirates has become the only carrier in the Middle East operating into Portugal with a daily non-stop service, doing more than just transporting passengers from one point to another, but also opening trade opportunities that didn’t exist before,” said Thierry Antinori, Emirates’ Executive Vice President Passenger Sales Worldwide.
With more than 1,200 weekly departures from Emirates’ exclusive Terminal 3 in Dubai, next year will see the opening of the world’s first dedicated A380 concourse. Offering seamless connectivity for customers, it will also stimulate new demand across the Emirates’ network.
Portugal’s economy will receive a lift from the new service. Portugal’s main exports feature textiles, clothing, wood products, machinery, tools and electrical equipment. Emirates SkyCargo, offering 17 tonnes of belly-hold capacity in the 777-200ER, will be on hand to assist importers and exporters.
© Gulf News 2012. All rights reserved.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More