Feb 12 2013
|more articles from|
Egypt's exports rise 12% in Jan.
Minister Hatem Saleh said the rise by an increase in exports of several exporting sectors adding that the current political impasse prevented exports from reaching an unprecedented rise.
The ministerial report showed that exports from the agriculture and textiles sectors increased significantly in 2013 against 2012, reaching LE1.5 billion and LE427 million, respectively.
Furniture exports slumped by 2 percent, recording LE176 million; chemicals and fertilizers exports declined from LE2.4 billion in 2012 to LE1.8 billion in 2013.
Saudi Arabia and Libya rank first on the list of countries importing from Egypt last year as their imports registered LE1.189 billion and LE922 million respectively.
Egyptian exports to the US decreased from LE718 million in 2012 to LE513 million in 2013.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Egypt
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- Powerball jackpot grows to a record $600 million
- RPT-FEATURE-Change looms for Ethiopia's ancient salt trade
- There's More