Apr 17 2012
|more articles from|
Ebrahim Mubarak Al-Sulaiti Appointed CEO of United Development Company
Doha, Qatar -April 17, 2012: United Development Company ( UDC ), one of Qatar's major publicly traded shareholding companies, has appointed Ebrahim Mubarak Al-Sulaiti as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The appointment, which was approved by the Board of Directors today, will see Al Sulaiti serve under the leadership of a newly appointed Executive Committee formed by the UDC Board.
With a degree in Architecture from the University of Miami, Florida, Al-Sulaiti brings to the role a wealth of technical and business experience.
Until his appointment as CEO, Al Sulaiti, who is a member of the prestigious AIA, has worked in progressively important management roles at Qatar National Bank ( QNB ), including in his most recent role as General Manager, General Services and Special Projects. He also previously served as QNB 's Executive Director of Projects and Buildings.
Companies under its umbrella include United Fashion Company, Ronautica Middle East and United Hospitality Company. Companies established in 2011 under the umbrella of United Development Company include Madinainova, United Facilities Management Company and The Pearl Owners Corporation.
UDC has developed into the first-choice private sector and joint venture partner for international investors in Qatar, and has successfully established several new companies and investment vehicles across the region.
United Development Company
Founded in 1999, United Development Company ( UDC ) has been listed on the Qatar Exchange since June 2003 and is one of Qatar's leading private sector shareholding companies.
The United Development Company was established with the vision to identify and invest in long-term projects contributing to Qatar's growth and providing lasting shareholder value.
UDC 's target areas of interest include: infrastructure and utilities, energy-intensive industries, hydrocarbon downstream manufacturing, real estate, urban development, maritime and environment-related businesses, hospitality, retail and fashion, information technology, media and communications, insurance and other services.
UDC has shown an ability to attract and partner with the highest quality of international talent, bringing outside expertise to bear on significant developments in Qatar and beyond. It has also demonstrated a successful model for synergistic growth, creating and operating a diverse portfolio of substantial businesses that leverage off one another and generate additional revenue streams in new markets.
UDC 's founders and current Board Members are among Qatar's most successful investors and developers. Thousands of Qatari shareholders hold 75 percent of the total shares and the remaining 25 percent are held by other GCC and international investors.
© Press Release 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Real Estate
- SAIREC set to create real estate authority in Saudi Arabia
- Escrow accounts in Dubai cannot be attached: Land Department
- DAMAC Properties brings luxury real estate offering to Singapore
- DIFC Investments names new chief executive of DIFC Properties
- How China's challenger to Burj Khalifa will build taller 'Sky City' in 7 months