Sep 15 2013
|more articles from|
Dubai malls join campaign to donate school essentials for needy students
Sunday, Sep 15, 2013
Dubai: Deira and Mirdif City centres have partnered with Dubai’s education regulator, the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA), to give shoppers the opportunity to donate boxes of stationery and school supplies to needy children in the UAE and abroad.
From September 16-22, at the Metro Link at Deira City Centre, shoppers can collect empty ‘Back to School Boxes’ complete with a checklist of items, such as lunch boxes, colour pencils and paints, pens, rulers, geometry sets and folders, as suggestions for donations. Boxes are labelled into three groups: kindergarten, primary and secondary.
Once filled and returned, the ‘Back to School Boxes’ will be distributed to families and students in need by KHDA and the Department of Islamic Affairs with an aim to collect 5,000 boxes.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in UAE
- Giant asteroid set to buzz Earth, poses no threat
- Egypt museum admits King Tut's beard broke off and was glued back
- Saudi cleric condemns snowmen as anti-Islamic
- Zimbabwe's own-label dollar coins face consumer resistance
- Abu Dhabi-San Francisco flight delayed 12 hours as passengers fume
- There's More