Jan 16 2013
|more articles from|
Decision on arrest of Iranian opposition leader's son made
Ex-presidential candidates protested against the results of the presidential elections in Iran on June 12, 2009. Reformist candidates Mir Hossein Mousavi and Mehdi Karroubi made statements about the election result being falsified. According to observers, the protests which began in Iran after the elections have been held at a level having no analogue after the Islamic Revolution of 1979. Hundreds of political activists were arrested and dozens of citizens killed.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Legal
- New UAE speeding law: Federal Traffic Council votes for AED2,000 fine, impounding vehicle for 2 months
- Abu Dhabi Judicial Department fines two lawyers
- SME law to boost business climate of this sector
- Iran slams U.S. justice verdict on Manhattan skyscraper
- Gunmen kill 2 Egyptian policemen near Cairo, court jails Islamists