Jan 16 2013
|more articles from|
Decision on arrest of Iranian opposition leader's son made
Ex-presidential candidates protested against the results of the presidential elections in Iran on June 12, 2009. Reformist candidates Mir Hossein Mousavi and Mehdi Karroubi made statements about the election result being falsified. According to observers, the protests which began in Iran after the elections have been held at a level having no analogue after the Islamic Revolution of 1979. Hundreds of political activists were arrested and dozens of citizens killed.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Legal
- Failing to get municipality approval no reason for property project delays: Dubai Court
- Trade in illegal SIM cards flourishing in Jeddah
- Ex-officials of Oman’s Gulfar get 15 years and hefty fines
- SCC approves draft law on government budget for 2014
- Saudi protester jailed for 10 years over Twitter messages