Jan 27 2014
|more articles from|
Dead man found hanging on Kiev's Independence Square - police
KIEV, Jan 27 (Reuters) - A 55-year-old man was found dead on Monday hanging from the framework of a huge artificial 'New Year tree' in central Kiev which has become a symbol of anti-government resistance, Ukrainian police said.
Police said they removed the body, which was hanging inside the cone-shaped tubular steel construction on Kiev's Independence Square. The 'tree' is festooned with a poster of jailed opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko and scrawled with graffiti attacking President Viktor Yanukovich.
The body, that of a man from Volyn region in western Ukraine, bore no external wounds and was being examined to establish the cause of death, the police statement said.
(Writing by Richard Balmforth; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- Diseases that are cutting lifespans
- Dubai prime home price growth slows on state cooling measures
- Tunisia signs new constitution in big step toward democracy
- Dubai Crown Prince issues resolution to regulate tramway system
- GE Healthcare showcases breakthrough ultra-fast CT scanner for enhanced cardiology care at Arab Health
- Google executive sets new stratosphere skydive world record
- Man, woman stoned to death for adultery in Syria-monitor
- Michael Jackson tops Forbes list of highest-earning dead celebrities
- French bank, Twitter team up for money transfers via tweets
- Apps re-invent smartphone keyboards to reduce typing frustration
- There's More