Jan 27 2014
|more articles from|
Dead man found hanging on Kiev's Independence Square - police
KIEV, Jan 27 (Reuters) - A 55-year-old man was found dead on Monday hanging from the framework of a huge artificial 'New Year tree' in central Kiev which has become a symbol of anti-government resistance, Ukrainian police said.
Police said they removed the body, which was hanging inside the cone-shaped tubular steel construction on Kiev's Independence Square. The 'tree' is festooned with a poster of jailed opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko and scrawled with graffiti attacking President Viktor Yanukovich.
The body, that of a man from Volyn region in western Ukraine, bore no external wounds and was being examined to establish the cause of death, the police statement said.
(Writing by Richard Balmforth; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- Diseases that are cutting lifespans
- Dubai prime home price growth slows on state cooling measures
- Tunisia signs new constitution in big step toward democracy
- Dubai Crown Prince issues resolution to regulate tramway system
- GE Healthcare showcases breakthrough ultra-fast CT scanner for enhanced cardiology care at Arab Health
- Paris time lords extend Greek deadline - by a second
- Death threats for Saudi satire star who fights Islamic State with laughs
- Rugby-Malaysia, Algeria match abandoned after all-in brawl
- Scientists solve mystery of milky rain in U.S. Pacific Northwest
- British model Kate Moss escorted off plane for being disruptive - BBC
- There's More