Jun 08 2012
|more articles from|
Container shipping up at Port of Beirut
08 June 2012
BEIRUT: The total container activity at the Port of Beirut rose by 3.38 percent up to May 2012 to 426,950 20-foot equivalent (TEU).
Transshipment activity edged 0.81 percent up to 177,314 TEU, while container activity (excluding transshipment) climbed by 5.29 percent year-over-year (for the first five months) to 249,636 TEU.
The number of imported cars jumped by 18.69 percent to 32,097 units from 27,043 units in 2011. Merchandise activity through the Port of Beirut increased up to May 2012 as imported and exported merchandises advanced by 8.37 percent to 2.85M tons.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Lebanon
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- There's More