Feb 16 2013
|more articles from|
Connelly expresses worry over Lebanon stability
16 February 2013
BEIRUT: United States Ambassador to Lebanon Maura Connelly expressed her country’s concern over the security situation in Lebanon in light of recent developments in Syria, an embassy statement said Friday.
“The United States remains concerned that developments in Syria not contribute to instability in Lebanon,” Connelly said following a meeting with Army commander Maj. Gen. Jean Kahwagi.
The ambassador also urged all political parties to exercise restraint and respect for Lebanon’s security and stability. Connelly commended the efforts of the Lebanese Armed Forces and the Internal Security Forces to maintain calm in Lebanon.© Copyright The Daily Star 2013.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Lebanon
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More