Aug 07 2012
|more articles from|
Clock ticking on political transition in Syria -- King
In an interview with US journalist Charlie Rose, the King warned that without a political transition, the situation in Syria would deteriorate into an all-out civil war.
"The clock is ticking on a political transition and if we don't find ourselves a way out by the end of the year, then you are going to see a spike in sectarian violence and I think it's going to be a full-out civil war and I think calamity for years to come," he said.
"If he does go, by whatever means, I don't see that the system around him is capable of changing," he said, according to the CBS website.
© Jordan Times 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- N.Korean leader Kim used luxury yacht to tour coast -website
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- CORRECTED-Kimberly-Clark moves to ease Venezuelan toilet paper shortage
- CORRECTED-U.S. patent case climaxes with win for Canadian vibrator maker
- UPDATE 1-"Drunk" claims upset Ukraine parliament budget hearing
- There's More