May 09 2012
|more articles from|
"Chase Career Dreams in Multiple Sectors of Employment, Rather Than Merely Aiming at Government Jobs Alone", Students Urged at the Career Fair, Organized by Al Ghurair University, Dubai
"Usually, we just hand over our CVs to someone at the Career Fairs and do not hear from them thereafter. However, today's Career Fair was different; it was more informational and more interactive", said Rami Rouhi and Riman Mohammed, students at the AGU .
Private Sector-A Viable Career Alternative:
"The Emiratis have a natural tendency to aim mainly at Government jobs. However, they should broaden their career search and explore the fast-growing career opportunities in the multifarious domains of the private sector", said the Career Counselors at the Career Fair. "The Retail Banking, Media, Food, Tourism, and Precious Metals promise a phenomenal growth of about 10% in the next decade; hence, it is vital that the job aspirants try to break into these sunrise sectors of employment", they added unanimously.
Mr. Mattew Windett, Recruitment Manager, IBM Middle East , said that the fresh graduates and experienced professionals in management and in different branches of engineering can find a number of opportunities in Global Business Services, Global Technology Services, Integrated Managed Business Process Services, Software Group, etc. in different functional areas of the IBM Middle East .
"About 90% of the students have got a one-point career goal of ending up as an employees either in the Government or the private sector and only about 10% consider entrepreneurship as a career alternative. However, this trend should be the other way around, that is, 90% in self-employment and 10% in wage employment. If this happens the students would become job providers instead of remaining merely as job seekers", said Mr. Hari Kesavan, Chairman and Founder, Unipropitia.
The Video CV:
Considering the fact that the CV has evolved from a mere electronic document to a multi-channel on- line profile, the Career Counselors advised the students to prepare a professional video CV where they can formally present their background, skills, and experience, at the same time demonstrating their exceptional interpersonal skills. They further advised them to either embed their video CV in their word CV or provide a link to it.
Ms. Vidya Nandagopal, Head Career Planning and Placement Services, said that the
will put forth its best efforts in future to provide placements to students in the UAE, GCC countries, and even beyond. And towards this, it will organize a Career Fair in November 2012, which will be much bigger and better, in terms of its content and delivery mechanism.
© Press Release 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- N.Korean leader Kim used luxury yacht to tour coast -website
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- CORRECTED-Kimberly-Clark moves to ease Venezuelan toilet paper shortage
- CORRECTED-U.S. patent case climaxes with win for Canadian vibrator maker
- UPDATE 1-"Drunk" claims upset Ukraine parliament budget hearing
- There's More